In this era, Apps become a necessity — and are growing rapidly. Each year users are spending more time on their smart-phones (an average of 2 hours and 42 minutes per day in 2015). Users spending almost 86% of that time in Mobile applications with no signs of slowing down.
It is a challenge for app designer to design app is such a way that insist users to stay on the app for the maximum time. Here is what I have learned as a native app designer and with others on how to design native mobile apps.
What is Native Mobile Application?
A native mobile app is a smartphone application program that has been developed for use on a particular platform or device and coded in a specific programming language, such as Objective C or Swift for iOS and Java for Android operating systems. Native mobile apps provide fast performance and high reliability. They also have access to a phone’s various features, such as its camera and address book, GEO Location etc.
Top 5 Tips for Designing Apps:
- Consider the HIG (Human Interface Guidelines): you should learn the basic rules from the Human Interface Guidelines (HIG), then figure out whether you should break them elegantly before designing yours next native mobile application. Here I have list few of them.
- iOS Human Interface Guidelines
- Apple Watch Human Interface Guidelines
- Universal Windows Platform Apps
- Design Principles for Android Wear
- Material Design
- Connect with your Development Team: Talk with your mobile app development team and get a sense of their visions and experiments. Native mobile app teams are often developed around platforms. And designers may work always across. As a designer you need to understand IDE on each platform. You will quickly find out how hard is it to do sticky headers on Android or horizontal scroll style on iOS.
- Research Other Apps: This is fantastic tip we always include in our app designing process. It is quite easy to search app patterns and research other apps. Figure out what tweaks you can add to enhance its experience and make it more user friendly.
- Make it Move: Prepare a motion study, prototype or think what better you can do — put your mind into the code and dig out what makes or breaks your app. Animations & Transitions Mobile App States, are some of the key unique features of an elegant app experiences.
- Services: To provide the best front end UI app experience, App services need to be designed, implemented and support data flow based on user need and context.
As being a Designer, you have to start thinking in this way and create a professional bonding with your App development team and partners on how an app services are being optimized (or not) for native mobile apps.
Global Survey: Did you know that 85% of smartphone & tablet users globally favoured apps over mobile website sites? (MediaPost, 3/15/13).
Hire our full stack developer for your next successful native Mobile app development. Ask anything that you want to know, one of our expert app developer will get in touch you soon.