Days are passed away when it was always recommended to hire a “big and well known” company to accomplish the desired job. Today, “Work Culture” is the most important factor to be taken into consideration before allocating a job work to a company.
“Every man’s ability may be strengthened or increased by culture.” – John Abbott
It is okay, but what is Culturer?
According to Wikipedia, “behavior of humans within an organization and the meaning that people attach to those behaviors.” This answer justifies for a school going kid to answer. However, when it comes to business, Culture is about the employees and making sure they enjoy their job and have productive working environment so that they can utilize their skills at the fullest! And deliver more than what client expected.
So how to review a company on the basis of work culture? Let’s dive in!
- Figure out what are the company core values – Core values reflect company’s beliefs and vision towards serving the client. For instance, if a company doesn’t have rightcorporate values in their culture, their team would probably run wild and do whatever they wish. Result, a messed project.
- Work as a Team! Not a bunch of individuals – A company where team members are not inextricably connected with the company’s vision, they can never be productive at work and would not be able to deliver your project successfully. This can be understood through what they call themselves. If they are working like employees, they would never support each other and will never coordinate properly which may finally result in loss for a client. Client satisfaction should be taken on the highest priority and this can happen only when people work for you as a team instead a bunch of individuals.
Remember a great culture company introduce their members as “Team” not “Employees”
- Mission of the Company – What Mission a company have for the future? Do they say, “We want to achieve a certain amount of turnover in next five years” Or “In next five years we will work together in providing great solution with updated technology to our clients and making better everyday life to our team! I personally preferred second one.If any company set only financial targets, this shows that company is not interested in building warm relationship with its team and a client can never love a company until the employees love it first.
A positive work culture can boil down to six important characteristics:
- Caring for and maintaining responsibility for colleagues as friends so that project will not have any weak corner.
- Providing support for one another when others are struggling so that we can deliver project with happy face.
- Avoiding blame and forgive mistakes so that we can deliver the project not the excuses.
- Inspiring one another zeal to work so that we can offer more than client expected.
- Focusing on the importance of the work so that we will not let any stone unturned.
- Treating one another with trust, and confidence so that we can deliver project confidently.
While working at WeDigTech, we are not asked to just work, But to follow a culture!
- A culture which allows us to think beyond 9 to 5 job!
- A culture which encourages us to generate more productivity at work and a building a feeling of empathize while serving our client. We simply like to put ourselves at our client’s place so that we can deliver exactly what was needed.
- A culture which creates a strong bonding within us so that we can share each other’s expertise.
- And Finally it is my company culture which allows me to write what I love to write!
Not every company is blessed with this!